External Sales Manager-France
The post holder is responsible for the management and coordination of sales activities within a designated sales territory by applying knowledge of the KJLC organisation, products and services.
To successfully develop and facilitate the penetration of strategic accounts within the territory, leading to increased business and profitability.
Effectively communicate "market" and competitor information to the European Sales Manager and Executive management.
This position is a proactive and results orientated sales role and will be measured accordingly.
Key Job Elements:
- Support and grow a profitable sales territory by building and maintaining strong customer relations.
- Drive the business forward by providing customers with "high level" assistance through advanced selling skills, commercial, value added engineering and supply chain management knowledge.
- In conjunction with European Operations Manager (EOM) and European Sales Manager (ESM) develop and facilitate an effective key account strategy for the territory.
- Daily contact with internal sales team and management, to coordinate and review activities within the territory.
- Respond to customer requests for quotation, technical support, customer service etc. by effectively utilising resources available.
- Ongoing review and development of territory performance through Key Performance Indicators (KPI's). Utilise the KPI's to provide proactive direction / actions to manage the sales territory.
- When required provide and present data and statistical analysis through high level use of Dynamics AX and Saturn reports.
- To actively identify areas of new business and potential customers within the territory by cold calling and researching fresh business and market opportunities.
- To maintain accurate records and information on customer accounts using the company’s preferred Customer Record Management(CRM) within Dynamics Ax.
- To be fully conversant with products within the company catalogue and keep up to date with new technological developments. Full training will be provided on an ongoing basis.
- To liaise closely with colleagues and recognise opportunities to "cross pollinate" sales initiatives and strategies.
- To provide weekly statistical information as requested by EOM & ESM to include but not limited to visit plan, call analysis, customer feedback surveys and territory KPI's
- Liaise with the MIC & ESM with regard to competitor and market information.
- Regular overnight travel is a requirement for this role. This will include customer visits, exhibitions, training requirements etc.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrable positive mental attitude
- Minimum 5 x GCSE or equivalent
- Job related qualification and/or experience
- Quality, H&S and ISO experience
- MRP/ERP system experience
- Supply chain experience
- Computer literacy:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Foreign language
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Supervisor experience
- Management experience
Standards of performance:
- Be polite, informative and have a professional attitude towards customers, Co-workers and personnel of KJLC
- Perform duties in a timely, logical and organised manner
- Be adaptable to change
- Accept training where needed
- Safeguard company information and observe company policies at all times
- Work consistently towards achieving departmental and corporate KPIs
- Actively take part in the company continuous improvement program (P2)
- Conduct yourself at all times in line with KJLC H&S Policy
- Demonstrate knowledge of and works within KJLC's Quality Management System, including the Quality Policy and Quality Objectives
- Modern office environment
- Fully supplied as required
- Technical Competence (Level 2)
- Brand Ambassador (Level 2)
- Communicator (Level 2)
- Make It Happen (Level 2)
- Inspiring Change (Level 1)
- Progressive Thinker (Level 2)
- Team Player (Level 1)
Apply For Position
The Kurt J. Lesker Company provides two options submitting your application form(s).
Option 1: PDF ApplicationTo apply for this position, please CLICK HERE to download the PDF form.
Once completed please email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to the address below.
Kurt J Lesker Company Ltd
15/16 Burgess Road
Hastings, Sussex TN35 4NR