?Tuesday night, the ACS Energy Technology Group welcomed our own JR Gaines to give a talk on the development of thin film, solid-state, and rechargeable batteries. In addition to their extraordinarily small form factor, these micro-batteries demonstrate several great properties including near perfect charge/discharge performance over thousands of cycles, high energy and power densities, and extremely low self-discharge rates. This presentation discussed specific characteristics of these revolutionary batteries, comparisons with competing batteries, the manufacturing process, key players in the industry, and the impact of the micro-battery on future product designs. Barriers to wide-spread commercialization were also discussed as well as the role of the Kurt J. Lesker Company in this emerging industry.
- KJLC Speaks at ACS Energy Technology Group Talk
- Kurt J. Lesker Company® Celebrates Its 60th Anniversary
- Kurt J Lesker Spectros® Powers PV Research
- New Innovative Online Vacuum Feedthrough Selection Guide
- Kurt Lesker Trading Company exhibits at SEMICON China 2014
- KJLC Announces New European Manufacturing Facility
- KJLC – Advancing the Way in Vacuum Technology
- KJLC Fall MRS Symposium and Exhibition Review
- The European KJLC Team Has Grown!
- KJLC Scientist Contributes to Quantum Computing Research
- KJLC Conducts Lunch & Learn Lectures
- Joe Becker Elected to National AVS Executive Committee
- Isoflux Announces New Off-Axis Sputtering Application
- KJLC® Announces Global Partnership with VAT® Valves
- Aaron Bryan to Present ‘Introduction to Vacuum Technology’ Overview at Rocky Mt. AVS
- TEC 66 Exhibition Comes to Hastings – 16 September 2013
- Virtual Tour of Kurt J. Lesker Company's European Distribution Centre
- Announcement of Premier Solutions Pte Ltd as KJLC's Representative in Singapore
- Earth Day Clean-Up 2013
- Kurt J. Lesker Company® Ltd to open new European Distribution Centre (EDC)
- KJLC Attends American Middle East Institute’s Breakfast in Pittsburgh
- TechVibe Radio Spotlights Kurt Lesker
- Change of Role within European Office
- Zinc Oxide Research – Plasma Enhanced Atomic Layer Deposition
- New External Sales Manager for Germany
- New European Hires
- Presentation at the AVS-59 Exhibitor Spotlight
- Kurt J. Lesker Company Expanding UK Operations
- KJLC Sponsers TEDxShanghaiWomen
- Kurt J. Lesker Company® to Manufacture Isoflux Incorporated Inverted Cylindrical Magnetrons
- Fall Cleanup at KJLC
- The Kurt J. Lesker Company introduces Chamber Builder™
- PA State Representative Rick Saccone visits the Kurt J. Lesker Company
- KJLC Supports Wounded Warrior Project Benefit Ride
- KJLC Rows the Heinz Challenge 2012
- Kurt J. Lesker Company Wins Several Awards
- Kurt J. Lesker LTD. Featured in Financial Times Article
- KJLC Walkers Raise Money for Autism Speaks
- Salahud Din Achieves a PHD in Organic Thin Film & Electronic Devices
- New European Sales Staff Member
- KJLC Employees Run in the Pittsburgh Marathon
- New Synchrotron Brochure Available
- Earth Day Cleanup At KJLC
- New North American Distribution Center
- KJLC Patent Pending Precursor Focusing TechnologyTM (PFTTM)
- Richard Whitehouse Promoted to European Internal Sales Manager
- US Domestic Sales Team Promotions
- Kurt J. Lesker III Gives Keynote Address
- US Domestic Sales Team Promotions
- Lesker Named Among Leaders in the Transparent Electronic Materials Market
- New European Sales and Marketing Hires
- Town Hall Meeting 2012
- Computer Donation Drive
- KJLC Expands French and UK Sales Teams
- Kurt J. Lesker Company Helps Bringing Low-Cost Solar Electricity a Step Closer
- Entrepreneur of the Year® Awards
- Lesker Exhibits in Russia
- Earth Day Cleanup at KJLC
- PA Governor Tom Corbett visits the Kurt J. Lesker Company
- Lesker U on the Road
- Thin Film Vacuum Deposition Cluster Tool Delivered to Naval Research Laboratory
- Important Changes for Purchase Orders from Eastern Europe
- KJLC Expands Eastern Europe Sales Team
- KJLC Wins Business Times Award for Manufacturing
- KJLC Participates in the SHIM Angel Emporium
- KJLC Rows in The Head of the Ohio Regatta
- KJLC introduces the NANO 36
- Kurt Lesker (Shanghai) Trading Company moves to a New Facility
- KJLC Wins 2010 Award for Advanced Manufacturing
- Kurt J. Lesker Football Team Joins Local League
- Lesker University's Vacuum Courses
- 2010 Lesker Leadership Development Group
- Change to European Sales Team
- Kurt J. Lesker Co Acquires New Distribution Center
- Lesker Green Initiatives
- KJLC Welcomes Anthony Kim to our Staff
- New Line of Rectangular Gate Valves
- Lesker Softball Challenge
- Lesker Rowing Teams Compete
- Gilles VERA named Sales Manager for France
- Visit us at SVC Tech Con, April 20-21
- Dr. Rubin Sidhu of BP Solar Speaks @ KJLC
- KJLC Featured in Fusion Business
- Pittcon 2010, March 1-4, Orlando, FL, Booth 1202.
- Sven Nieft named Sales Manager for Germany
- One week, two chances to meet KJLC Europe!
- Photonics West 2010, January 26-28, San Francisco, CA Booth 4643
- Meet the Kurt J. Lesker Company at the DESY Hamburg
- PANCC Funding Press Release
2009 and older
- KJLC Supports Toys for Tots
- Stefan Dunin named European System Sales Manager
- KJLC Crew Team Successful in First Race
- The Kurt J. Lesker Company is a Tech 50 Finalist
- The Kurt J. Lesker Company Announces a New Partnership with Solvay Solexis
- KJLC is ISO Certified
- Pittcon - March 9-12, Chicago, Booth 3313
- KJLC Hosts Pittsburgh Groups for "Explore the Floor"
- Kurt J Lesker Company Holds "Town Hall" for Employees
- Kurt J. Lesker Co. Implements Videoconferencing
- Jason Szpara Promoted to Product Manager
- First Anniversary of Kurt Lesker (Shang-hai) Trading Co.
- Kurt J. Lesker Co. LTD UK Reorganizes Board of Directors
- PED Division Ships Number 100 Deposition System
- Kurt J. Lesker Co. LTD Expands European Headquarters
- Timothy Pearce Elected to Board of Directors
- New Atomic Layer Deposition Laboratory
- Pittsburgh Business Times Manufacturer of the Year Finalist
- LeskerBond™ Nanobonding Service
April 10, 2014
April 1, 2014
The Kurt J. Lesker Company® (KJLC®) is proud to announce the celebration of 60 years in business. Our founder, Kurt J. Lesker II, started the Kurt J. Lesker Company on April 1, 1954 in the basement of his home in Pittsburgh, PA. Since then, KJLC has grown from a regional manufacturer and distributor of vacuum components into a worldwide provider of a full range of vacuum parts, products, systems, design technologies, innovative thinking, and responsive customer service. Working with an attentive eye toward quality, environmental stewardship of resources, and customer satisfaction, KJLC serves the research and development market at both the academic and commercial levels, as well as providing vacuum products and services to industry on a global scale. Following our successful expansions into Canada and Europe, KJLC has continued to reach out globally, with the opening of our Shanghai, China office in 2007 and our newest location in Hong Kong. As a leading global provider of high-quality vacuum products and systems, along with an established tradition of service and attention to detail, the Kurt J. Lesker Company has built a reputation for being "A Global Vacuum Supplier."
"We at Kurt J. Lesker Company are thankful for our long history and look forward to bringing vacuum expertise and products to technologists around the globe, helping to enable them to build a better world." – Kurt J. Lesker III, President
March 27, 2014
Kurt J Lesker Spectros® used to achieve 8.4% conversion in fullerene free organic PV cell. Researchers at IMEC in Leuven, Belgium, have published this breakthrough achievement in nature magazine. Taking organic photovoltaic to the next step. The full story can be found here http://optics.org/news/5/3/18
March 27, 2014
The Kurt J. Lesker Company® has recently launched a brand new Feedthrough Selection Guide on its website. The Selection Guide is a user friendly tool that helps users select the proper feedthrough for their application based on their specific requirements. This visual guide makes selecting the correct power, instrumentation, thermocouple, liquid, gas, liquid nitrogen, ceramic break, or fiber optic feedthrough quick and easy. Once the desired feedthrough has been defined, that part’s detailed drawing, part number, and price are displayed and the part can be placed into your online shopping cart. Click here to try the new Feedthrough Selection Guide.
March 26, 2014
Kurt Lesker Trading Company was an exhibitor at SEMICON China 2014, held March 18-20 in Shanghai. SEMICON China is a world-famous semiconductor industry event, serving China's dynamic market and semiconductor manufacturing industry. As one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of vacuum components and systems globally, the Kurt J. Lesker Company showed the company’s new products and technology projects in our booth, attracted many customers from all over the world, and won high acclaim from our peers and other exhibition visitors.
January 6, 2014
The Kurt J. Lesker Company® today announced their new facility at its European Headquarters for Specialty Manufacturing. This investment will enable the production of Electrical Feedthroughs, Liquid Feedthroughs, and custom components.
KJLC® has successfully manufactured vacuum components at their US headquarters for over 25 years, specialising in the fabrication of stainless steel and aluminum products for vacuum related applications.
The new European facility, or Quick Turn Cell as it will be known, will support the continued production of important components for a growing market. This new addition shows KJL’s dedication for growth in supplying quality products at competitive prices across Europe.
KJLC has built a reputation as a world class manufacturer and distributor of quality vacuum products. KJLC offers its customers: an extensive vacuum product range, unrivalled global inventory, excellent customer service, and outstanding e-commerce solutions.
Founded in 1954, Kurt J Lesker Company has grown into a highly recognised global organisation supporting the high- and ultra high vacuum market. Through their four divisions–Vacuum Mart, Process Equipment, Materials and Manufacturing–KJLC provides the most complete line of products and service solutions in the vacuum industry worldwide. From the simplest components and fittings to intricate vacuum chambers and precision computer-controlled deposition systems, they work closely with customers to devise sound and economical solutions.
January 2, 2014
Sarah Owen, MP Labour candidate for Hastings & Rye, recently travelled to China on an exchange visit to discuss the growth of vacuum technology in the Hastings & Rother area. Ms. Owen visited two developing cities in Southern China which have recently seen a surge in industrial engineering and high tech manufacturing.
Discussing future global investment and moving forward with the support of R&D establishments Sarah states, “Businesses in Guandong are crying out for the quality that Hastings businesses can offer, as much as we are for high quality jobs.” Home to established names with excellent experience in service, we need to expand on our reputation, not just nationally, but globally.
The recent Tec 66 Exhibition saw a cluster of local high tech manufacturing companies convene to raise awareness of what the town of Hastings has to offer. Sarah aims to attract more international exhibitors in 2014, thus building links and creating an international supply chain.
Kurt J. Lesker Company Ltd has been at the forefront as one of the most recognised companies in Hastings. The European headquarters has been established for over 20 years, having grown into a resilient organisation, with multi-lingual sales staff, experienced designers and high-class engineers. They all strive together to produce high quality vacuum products supported with superior customer service.
For more information on Sarah’s trip, click here.