Kurt J. Lesker Co® exhibited again this year at the Fall MRS Symposium and Exhibition, held in Boston, December 3-5. This year we positioned the Materials and PED Divisions in one booth and the Vacuum Mart and Manufacturing in a separately located booth. Besides displaying our standard deposition materials, we had two touchscreen monitors available for customer interaction in the PED portion of the booth. In the Mart booth, we had a prominent display of our new line of VAT® valves, along with our offering of UHV Design manipulation products. Over 6,000 attendees visited the symposium and exhibition this year. All in all the show was success for KJLC® and we hope to reap many benefits as a result of our contact with new and old customers alike.
- KJLC Fall MRS Symposium and Exhibition Review
- The European KJLC Team Has Grown!
- KJLC Scientist Contributes to Quantum Computing Research
- KJLC Conducts Lunch & Learn Lectures
- Joe Becker Elected to National AVS Executive Committee
- Isoflux Announces New Off-Axis Sputtering Application
- KJLC® Announces Global Partnership with VAT® Valves
- Aaron Bryan to Present ‘Introduction to Vacuum Technology’ Overview at Rocky Mt. AVS
- TEC 66 Exhibition Comes to Hastings – 16 September 2013
- Virtual Tour of Kurt J. Lesker Company's European Distribution Centre
- Announcement of Premier Solutions Pte Ltd as KJLC's Representative in Singapore
- Earth Day Clean-Up 2013
- Kurt J. Lesker Company® Ltd to open new European Distribution Centre (EDC)
- KJLC Attends American Middle East Institute’s Breakfast in Pittsburgh
- TechVibe Radio Spotlights Kurt Lesker
- Change of Role within European Office
- Zinc Oxide Research – Plasma Enhanced Atomic Layer Deposition
- New External Sales Manager for Germany
- New European Hires
- Presentation at the AVS-59 Exhibitor Spotlight
- Kurt J. Lesker Company Expanding UK Operations
- KJLC Sponsers TEDxShanghaiWomen
- Kurt J. Lesker Company® to Manufacture Isoflux Incorporated Inverted Cylindrical Magnetrons
- Fall Cleanup at KJLC
- The Kurt J. Lesker Company introduces Chamber Builder™
- PA State Representative Rick Saccone visits the Kurt J. Lesker Company
- KJLC Supports Wounded Warrior Project Benefit Ride
- KJLC Rows the Heinz Challenge 2012
- Kurt J. Lesker Company Wins Several Awards
- Kurt J. Lesker LTD. Featured in Financial Times Article
- KJLC Walkers Raise Money for Autism Speaks
- Salahud Din Achieves a PHD in Organic Thin Film & Electronic Devices
- New European Sales Staff Member
- KJLC Employees Run in the Pittsburgh Marathon
- New Synchrotron Brochure Available
- Earth Day Cleanup At KJLC
- New North American Distribution Center
- KJLC Patent Pending Precursor Focusing TechnologyTM (PFTTM)
- Richard Whitehouse Promoted to European Internal Sales Manager
- US Domestic Sales Team Promotions
- Kurt J. Lesker III Gives Keynote Address
- US Domestic Sales Team Promotions
- Lesker Named Among Leaders in the Transparent Electronic Materials Market
- New European Sales and Marketing Hires
- Town Hall Meeting 2012
- Computer Donation Drive
- KJLC Expands French and UK Sales Teams
- Kurt J. Lesker Company Helps Bringing Low-Cost Solar Electricity a Step Closer
- Entrepreneur of the Year® Awards
- Lesker Exhibits in Russia
- Earth Day Cleanup at KJLC
- PA Governor Tom Corbett visits the Kurt J. Lesker Company
- Lesker U on the Road
- Thin Film Vacuum Deposition Cluster Tool Delivered to Naval Research Laboratory
- Important Changes for Purchase Orders from Eastern Europe
- KJLC Expands Eastern Europe Sales Team
- KJLC Wins Business Times Award for Manufacturing
- KJLC Participates in the SHIM Angel Emporium
- KJLC Rows in The Head of the Ohio Regatta
- KJLC introduces the NANO 36
- Kurt Lesker (Shanghai) Trading Company moves to a New Facility
- KJLC Wins 2010 Award for Advanced Manufacturing
- Kurt J. Lesker Football Team Joins Local League
- Lesker University's Vacuum Courses
- 2010 Lesker Leadership Development Group
- Change to European Sales Team
- Kurt J. Lesker Co Acquires New Distribution Center
- Lesker Green Initiatives
- KJLC Welcomes Anthony Kim to our Staff
- New Line of Rectangular Gate Valves
- Lesker Softball Challenge
- Lesker Rowing Teams Compete
- Gilles VERA named Sales Manager for France
- Visit us at SVC Tech Con, April 20-21
- Dr. Rubin Sidhu of BP Solar Speaks @ KJLC
- KJLC Featured in Fusion Business
- Pittcon 2010, March 1-4, Orlando, FL, Booth 1202.
- Sven Nieft named Sales Manager for Germany
- One week, two chances to meet KJLC Europe!
- Photonics West 2010, January 26-28, San Francisco, CA Booth 4643
- Meet the Kurt J. Lesker Company at the DESY Hamburg
- PANCC Funding Press Release
- KJLC Supports Toys for Tots
- Stefan Dunin named European System Sales Manager
- KJLC Crew Team Successful in First Race
- The Kurt J. Lesker Company is a Tech 50 Finalist
- The Kurt J. Lesker Company Announces a New Partnership with Solvay Solexis
- KJLC is ISO Certified
- Pittcon - March 9-12, Chicago, Booth 3313
- KJLC Hosts Pittsburgh Groups for "Explore the Floor"
- Kurt J Lesker Company Holds "Town Hall" for Employees
- Kurt J. Lesker Co. Implements Videoconferencing
2008 and older
- Jason Szpara Promoted to Product Manager
- First Anniversary of Kurt Lesker (Shang-hai) Trading Co.
- Kurt J. Lesker Co. LTD UK Reorganizes Board of Directors
- PED Division Ships Number 100 Deposition System
- Kurt J. Lesker Co. LTD Expands European Headquarters
- Timothy Pearce Elected to Board of Directors
- New Atomic Layer Deposition Laboratory
- Pittsburgh Business Times Manufacturer of the Year Finalist
- LeskerBond™ Nanobonding Service
European Headquarters is pleased to announce the following new Sales people:
Lola Glynn – Territory Sales Iberia
Lola joins us as Internal Sales representative for the Iberian Territory. Her expertise in sales and business development will be a great asset to a growing territory.
Paul Goodall - External Sales Manager covering South UK
We are pleased to welcome Paul who has 30 years dedicated experience in the vacuum industry, a specialist in pump selection & thin film applications.
John O’Donnell – European System Sales
John joins the growing Process Equipment Division as System Sales. With 19 years’ experience in Vacuum Technology his understanding of the Semiconductor market specialising in Sputtering and Ion tools will be invaluable.
We wish all of our new starters a prosperous career at Lesker’s.
In an article printed in the New York Times this week entitled "A Key to Quantum Computing, Close to Home" that focused on advancements in materials research related to quantum computing, KJLC® R&D Scientist Salahud Din’s contributed research on "Potential for spin-based information processing in a thin-film molecular semiconductor" was referenced. Seeing the research of our scientists referenced in a major mainstream publication such as the New York Times further shows how, with our customers, KJLC is working to Enable Technology for a Better World.
Heidi Hince traveled with Nuno Andrade to Philadelphia and New York City to conduct two Lunch and Learn lectures. They took in a catered lunch of sandwiches and cookies and Heidi talked about sputtering and sputtered films at the University of Pennsylvania and CUNY at City College of New York. There were about 10 attendees at UPenn in their brand new Krishna P. Singh Center for Nanotechnology where we are quoting some new sputtering systems, and about 15 at CUNY. The sessions were short and informal and went very well. The attendees asked a lot of questions and were happy to take a materials deposition chart with them at the conclusion of the training.
On November 14th Aaron Bryan conducted a Lunch and Learn session for the School of Electrical, Computer, and Energy Engineering at Arizona State University. The topic for this session focused on the PVD methods of thermal and e-beam evaporation.
Congratulations go to Joe Becker, who recently was elected to serve on the National AVS Executive Committee from his current post of the Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the AVS.
The objective of the Vacuum Technology Division Committee is to promote technical work, and dissemination of knowledge and education in the areas related to: 1) vacuum science, 2) vacuum materials and processed; 3) vacuum components, 4) vacuum system development; and ) vacuum system applications; and to promote a better technical synergism in these areas. This includes setting up topics and inviting speakers for our early symposium along with student presentations and awards.
These duties are in addition to being involved with one of the AVS Regional Chapters, the Mid Atlantic Division, that has 3 regional AVS symposiums a year. Those are held every year at JLABs in the spring, NIST in the summer, and NC State in the fall.
Congratulations to Joe, and we are all excited for a Kurt J Lesker Company representative to be serving in such a prominent position.
Isoflux Incorporated announced a new application area for the company’s cylindrical magnetron technology today. The company presented data showing how sputtering off-axis from a cylindrical magnetron can provide exceptional uniformity and offers the advantages of ion-assisted sputtering without requiring a separate ion source. “This approach is really a game changer,” said Isoflux CEO John Lanzafame. “Ion-assisted sputtering has seen increasing use in some of the most demanding applications, such as high performance optical coatings. The Isoflux approach has numerous advantages, in terms of performance, cost and process reliability.” The company described the process and its advantages on their website, explaining that the application makes use of the Isoflux cylindrical magnetron combined with a patented magnetic field configuration to provide uniform coatings out the end of the cathode. This configuration both sputters the desired target material and creates ions that provide the ion-assist without requiring a separate ion source, resulting in a simpler process and less costly equipment. “This approach provides numerous benefits,” said Isoflux CTO Dr. David Glocker. “Not only is the need for a separate ion source eliminated, but we were able to achieve extremely high uniformity (±0.25 percent over 16 cm) without the standard industry practices of rotating or masking the substrate. This will improve efficiency and target utilization, while further simplifying the equipment design.” “If we add in rotation and masking, we could improve still further on our excellent uniformity.” The company also noted that, while the company is known for its ability to coat complex geometries including medical devices like stents and electrodes, the off-axis approach applies extremely well to coating flat surfaces like lenses. The company expects the process to find broad application in the optical coating field.
The Kurt J. Lesker Company® is pleased to announce that on October 1st, 2013 they will become a stocking distributor of VAT® vacuum products across the globe. KJLC is pleased to be partnering with VAT – Leader in Vacuum Valves. VAT is a worldwide renowned company that manufactures technically superior valves and accessories. KJLC® has built a reputation as a world class distributor of quality vacuum products. KJLC offers its customers: an extensive vacuum product range, unrivalled global inventory, excellent customer service, and outstanding e-commerce solutions.
This agreement represents significant opportunities for both organizations. Our customers will benefit from the global presence of both companies, combined with the superior reputation and quality of VAT valves and KJLC’s proven global distribution network and complementary products which support a variety of industries and applications.
Karl Schlegel, CEO of VAT, states... “The partnership between Kurt J. Lesker and VAT is very exciting. The two world class organizations will offer customers access to VAT’s high quality vacuum valves through the Kurt J. Lesker Company’s leading edge distribution and e-commerce networks. We also believe that by combining VAT’s products with the vast range of products already offered by Kurt J. Lesker, the new partnership will offer customers with a great one-stop solution for vacuum valves, chambers and systems.”
To view KJLC®'s offerings, click here.
Aaron Bryan of Kurt J. Lesker Company® will present a 4-hour Vacuum Technology Overview at the Rocky Mountain AVS Symposium on September 19. This presentation will provide an introduction with demonstrations to basic elements of vacuum technology including what is vacuum, and how is it produced and measured, and contained. This overview is for those who want to get an initial understanding of vacuum technology-perfect for new workers in the field, operators and users of vacuum equipment, managers, co-workers and anyone with an inquiring mind. For more details view here.
*Photo courtesy of Kevin Wood, Higher Ground Photography, website: highergroundphotography.yolasite.com.
The home of our European Headquarters plays host to an exciting upcoming technology event for the local Vacuum & Technology Industry Cluster.
Famous for its landmark event in 1066, the birthplace of Television; Hastings, East Sussex, is also home to more than half a dozen vacuum science and manufacturing specialist companies.
The TEC 66 Exhibition will take place at the Sussex Exchange; a new and innovative conference centre located very close to KJL’s newly opened European Distribution Centre, Cirket House.
The event is aimed to raise awareness of UHV and technology companies locally, a parallel event will take place at Sussex Coast College to enthuse young people about careers in the Science and Engineering Industry.
Kurt J. Lesker Co. is very much looking forward to exhibiting at the event and welcomes all to attend.
For more details view here.
The new European Distribution Centre (EDC) has now been officially open for a little over a month and KJLC® are pleased to report that everything is running smoothly. The new facility named, Cirket House boasts an ergonomic layout with increased stocking space and enhanced logistic procedures to dispatch quality products same day anywhere in Europe.
The conceptual video has been created to give customers an insight into the revamp of the EDC to what it is today! If you cannot view the video above follow the link here.
EDC Assistant Nick Ward, who has been with KJLC for 2 years, had this to say of Cirket house “All the hard work has really been worth it. The increased space and logical set up have made everything more efficient.”
With processes running to plan Kurt J Lesker Co Ltd are now ideally positioned within Europe to meet with current demand for high quality vacuum products.
Kurt J. Lesker Company® is pleased to announce Premier Solutions Pte Ltd as KJLC’s official representative in Singapore. Premier Solutions has developed a strong brand in Singapore by providing excellent service to the research and industrial markets. Premier’s professional approach and experienced sales team complements KJLC’s high quality product offering. Premier Solutions Pte Ltd will also be a KJLC Authorized Service Center, providing installation and service support to our vacuum system customers in Singapore. We encourage customers to contact Premier Solutions Pte Ltd for all of their Kurt J. Lesker Company product requirements.
Volunteers from the Kurt J. Lesker Company® participated in an Earth Day Clean-Up event on Monday, April 22nd. The volunteers removed garbage from the Clairton section of the Montour Trail, the Park N’ Ride lot, and from the grounds of all three KJLC® buildings. We are thrilled to announce the total weight of garbage collected was 1,125 lbs. This project was a part of the company’s Corporate Sustainability Program, which encourages employees to make regular contributions throughout the year to improve our community.
Hasting’s UK, the Kurt J. Lesker Company® Ltd is pleased to announce their European warehousing logistics is moving to a much larger facility named Cirket House.
Cirket House is a new distribution centre, located just two miles from the current European Headquarters in Hastings. With over 16,000 square feet of stocking space, Kurt J. Lesker Co Ltd will increase their inventory to meet the current demand for high quality vacuum products.
Enhanced logistic procedures will also provide KJLC® customers with even greater confidence on their ability to dispatch quality products same day anywhere in Europe.
This exciting development is the next big step in the company’s evolution towards enhancing KJLC’s reputation as their customer’s primary vacuum supplier.
As stated by KJLC the new EDC will provide "INCREASED INVENTORY, ENHANCED LOGISTICS" and therefore "EXCEEDING CUSTOMER EXPECTATIONS."
The Kurt J. Lesker Company is a global manufacturer and distributor of vacuum deposition systems, components and materials. Founded in 1954 KJLC has built a reputation for quality vacuum solutions combined with excellent service and support.
They are proud to be the preferred supplier to leading research institutes and production facilities around the world. The new EDC will be a huge asset to Kurt J. Lesker Company reaffirming their presence as a global leader in "All Things Vacuum."
Zoran Misetic attended a private breakfast hosted by the American Middle East Institute with open discussion about business opportunities in UAE. The topics especially focused on energy issues and seeking to further develop research and development capabilities in Abu Dhabi. Research activities are intended to cover: Solar cell research, Energy Storage Research, and Optics.
Kurt Lesker will detail its rich history as one Pittsburgh's top advanced manufacturers and making the cover of the upcoming Made in PA Magazine. Net Health Systems will dive deep giving us the skinny on creating a fun and engaging work culture.
With immediate effect, the Territory Salesperson responsible for our Scandinavian and Dutch customers shall be changing from Richard Whitehouse to Ross Dunford-Dunlop. Ross joined the company 2 years ago, and has been primarily involved with our UK + Eire customers with which he will still be fully involved. Richard Whitehouse shall continue to be on hand to support when needed, however he will now be fully focusing on his European Internal Sales role at our European Headquarters.
We wish Ross every success in his new role!
Zhejiang University recently submitted for publication research done on KJLC’s ALD150LX plasma enhanced atomic layer deposition platform. Centering on Zinc Oxide research for resistive memory behavior, the article investigates the bipolar resistance switching properties of Al/PEALD-ZnO/Pt devices. Results have demonstrated that the film deposited by PEALD has enhanced properties than that deposited by other methods for the application of 3D resistance RAM.
The following article appeared in Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 012113 (2013) and may be found at http://link.aip.org/link/doi/10.1063/1.4774400 – ©Copyright 2013 American Institute of Physics. This article may be downloaded for personal use only. Any other use requires prior permission of the author and the American Institute of Physics.
Read more about the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Zhejiang University at http://mse.zju.edu.cn/
Dietmar Hallfarth joins KJLC® from VG Scienta with over 22 years’ experience in the industry as an external sales manager for Germany.
Dietmars specialist area being UHV, manipulation and deposition products.
Having seen many changes in the industry such as the development from HV to UHV, establishing new applications for developing industries and progressing technologies.
Dietmar thrives being face to face with customers, taking pride in the long standing relations he has created. He is now looking forward to a new challenge with Lesker’s and establishing contacts with our extensive customer database. We wish him every success with us.
He joins Sven Nieft who is the external Sales Manager for Southern Germany, based near Dortmund he will be responsible for Northern Germany. You can contact him on email at email@example.com