Linear Motion (Rack & Pinion) Heavy Duty Transporter
Linear Rack-and-Pinion, Heavy duty sample (LRPH) transporter:
- For both HV and UHV applications requiring in-vacuum linear motion
- Stainless steel body with 8" CF mounting flange
- Rigid 2" diameter stainless steel probe
- 8 x stainless steel bearing support system provides excellent wear characteristics, minimum particle generation, and good positioning accuracy when fully extended
- Provides a positive-drive linear motion with standard 48" (1219mm) and 60" (1524mm) travel distance
The heavy duty LRP with its 2" diameter probe provides an extremely robust sample transfer device for large heavy samples. End deflection at 48" probe insertion depth with a 10lb payload on the end is less than 0.040" making it ideal for alignment sensitive transfer systems. It incorporates a stainless steel rack attached to the probe with an 8 bearing support system ensuring deflection is kept to a minimum. The rack is driven by a pinion gear attached to either a ferrofluidic (HV) sealed rotary drive or a magnetically coupled (UHV) rotary drive.
Motorization of the rotary drive is available as an option enabling automated operation of the transfer arm. Motors are easily removed for bakeout.
A vacuum compatible encased magnet is attached to the end of the probe so that a REED switch (optional) can be fitted to indicate that the probe is fully retracted. This signal can be interlocked to prevent the premature closing of a pneumatic-actuated gate valve through which the probe passes.
- Specific travel lengths, extra-long travel lengths, and automated rack extensions along with motorization and controller options can be supplied. Please contact email@example.com for ordering information.
- Rebuilding service available, including full disassembly, inspection and clean.
- Kurt J. Lesker Company services this and other UHV equipment at our Pittsburgh, PA, USA facilities.
|Interface Flange||8" CF DN160CF (LRPSS Stainless Steel Housing)|
|Standard Travel Length||48"(1219mm) or 60"(1524mm)|
|Deflection Under Load||>1mm deflection at full travel with 1 lb. load|
Start Your Configuration
Choose the series, flange, travel, feedthrough, and motor options. Next, compose the order code as shown, below.