for a Better World
Best Places to Work
Pittsburgh Business Ethics Award
Family Business Award & Manufacturer of the Year
Advanced Manufacturing Award
Pittsburgh Smart 50 Award
Director of Operations
Division: Corporate | Location: Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania, United States
The Kurt J. Lesker Company is a dynamic, rapidly growing global manufacturer and distributor of thin film deposition systems and components for the vacuum technology market. Our products and technologies are used for various research and production applications that include: semiconductor manufacturing, automotive coatings, advanced optical technologies, aerospace applications, medical devices and light emitting diodes. We are looking for a Director of Operations who can implement growth strategies and drive operational efficiency.
The Director of Operations is accountable for developing and leading an environment of operational excellence, evidenced by continual improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost resulting in increased EBITDA and a best in class customer experience. This person will work with the leadership team to develop, implement and drive the business goals and objectives.
Key job responsibilities:
- Directly manage the global supply chain and quality assurance.
- Assist in establishing corporate strategies as part of the leadership team then lead flow down strategic plans for the operations of the company, including growth, cost, quality, delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver an annual operating plan that enables Safety, Quality, Delivery (capacity & lead time), Logistics, Inventory and Material Sourcing to achieve corporate goals and customer demands.
- Develop an annual operating budget and ongoing system of controls to meet required service levels and operational goals within prescribed cost, revenue and profit parameters.
- Drive a culture of operational excellence, where teamwork and active problem-solving result in continuous improvement.
- Lead the Lean (6s, value stream mapping, etc.) and Sustainability transformation throughout the company and external supply chain working towards waste reduction with improved cost and performance.
- Drive the Quality Management System. Ensure compliance and certification to ISO 9001:2015 and evaluate other relevant standards for implementation.
- Ensure customer requirements are met through a strong CAPA program, supplier qualification, preventative maintenance, calibration, internal audit and inspection program.
- Oversee the global supply chain from purchase order to delivery, including order fulfillment, quality, logistics centers and inventory management.
- Support the strategy for product sourcing across the company including negotiating pricing, terms, and contracts with key suppliers, and ensuring the lowest total cost of ownership through the use of effective cost modeling techniques.
- Responsible for driving process improvement in operations with a strong emphasis on production efficiencies and asset utilization; ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating in a profitable manner.
- Experience implementing Lean principles
- In-depth knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Proven leadership across a matrix organization
- Demonstrated efficiency gains in manufacturing and/or distribution
- Desire to make a positive difference in the world
- Ability to coach, motivate, and foster professional development of direct and indirect reports
- Experience implementing and utilizing various Information Technology platforms
- Lean and Supply Chain certifications
- International experience
- Production experience
- Experience implementing Six Sigma principles
- ISO 14001 and/or IATF 16949
Kurt J. Lesker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability
Apply For Position
The Kurt J. Lesker Company provides two options submitting your application form(s).