Kurt J. Lesker Company (KJLC) is committed to Sustainability and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We focus our sustainability program around three major areas: Environmental, Societal, and Economic. It is critical we do our part to protect our local and global environment, improve the well-being of the KJLC team and stakeholders, and drive long-term economic growth. As a women-owned business, we pride ourselves on providing equal opportunity to all while we aim to minimize our direct and indirect environmental impact, with aspirations to get to net zero carbon emissions.
Sustainability has been and is part of our corporate SPIRIT Values. Specifically, Respectful-considerate of all people, their cultures, and the environment and Sustainability - responsible stewardship of our business for generation to come. As our customers' primary vacuum partner, we take pride in supporting their advancements to technology and driving forward our mission of Enabling Technology for a Better World.
Kurt J. Lesker Company is committed to:
- Place the safety of our employees' first. We provide a safe and healthy workplace and ensure that personnel are properly trained and have appropriate personal protective equipment. We aim for a ZERO workplace accident rate.
- Ensure protection of the environment is embedded in our corporate culture through our SPIRIT culture and employee development activities.
- Ensure the efficient use of energy throughout our business, including conserving energy, improving energy efficiency, and giving preference to renewable over non-renewable energy sources.
- Utilize our product development process to minimize consumption and production of resources during the product life cycle on all new products and their packaging.
- Work to achieve 100% recyclable, reusable, or recycled packaging for all KJLC products.
- Make a positive impact in our local communities; be an environmentally responsible neighbor, create career opportunities and advancements, and support the underprivileged.
- Conserve natural resources. Use manufacturing processes that do not adversely affect the environment, including developing and improving operations and technologies to minimize waste, prevent air, water, and other pollution, minimize health and safety risks, and dispose of waste safely and responsibly.
- Influence our supply chain to employ similar environmental policies and strategies.
- Utilize KJLC products, services, partnerships and expertise to assist in the development of solutions to environmental problems.
- Meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirements to which KJLC subscribes. Set and adhere to stringent requirements of our own no matter where in the world the company does business.
Kurt J. Lesker Company is committed to continual improvement of Sustainability.
Kurt J. Lesker IV
President & CEO
Enabling Technology for a Better World
To Be Our Customer's Primary Vacuum Partner