OFHC Copper Backing Plates
Machined from oxygen-free, high-conductivity copper.
- For regular, circular disc-type sputtering sources
- TORUS® 2, 3, and 4 accepts a 0.092" thick backing plate, found in the ordering table below
- Most sputter sources accept a 0.125" (1/8") thick target bonded to a 0.125" thick backing plate
- For targets of other thicknesses, choose the backing plate thickness to adjust the total thickness to 0.250" (1/4") to suit most applications
- Those identified in the chart by diameter and thickness only are plain discs without through or tapped holes.
- They are suitable for most circular target sources from other manufacturers, although they may need minor machining for screw, clamps, etc.
- Copper Cup Backing Plates available upon request.