Multi-Pin/Threaded (MPT) Feedthroughs Cabling Instructions & Specifications
- 3 to 7 pins
- Feature a threaded connector
- Used for low current applications up to 500V
- Available only as single-ended feedthroughs
- Includes air-side cable connector
MPT Connectors, Low-Current (Threaded) Cabling InstructionsExploded View
1) Undo Strain Relief Set Screw and Insulator Screw, Slide Strain-Relief Spring and Shell over cable. Strip cable and individual conductors, wet conductor with 60–40 tin–lead solder.
2) Slide heat-shrink insulation over each conductor, exposing stripped section (Not required with 5- and 7-pin connectors). Coil each conductor to fit over contacts, solder in place using 60–40 tin–lead solder. Contacts on 5- and 7-pin connectors should be bent in slightly to enable fitting of the coiled conductors. If conductors are not suitable for coiling, use straight lap with adequate solder.
3) Slide heat-shrink cable insulation over each solder joint, covering all exposed metal (Not required with 5- and 7-pin connectors). Heat and shrink insulation at approximately 135°C.
4) Slide Shell over Insulator/Contact Assembly. Align Shell and Insulator holes and fasten Insulator Screw. Slide Strain Relief Spring into shell and fasten Strain Relief Set Screw.