CMS (Combinatorial Materials Science) Series – Advanced Research System utilizing Sputtering or Electron Beam Techniques
- Electron Beam Evaporation
- Thermal Evaporation
- Magnetron Sputtering
- Combinatorial Materials Science
- Extremely capable, advanced research tool
- Designed to accommodate specific thin film applications such as GMR, CMS, Semiconductor, Nanoscale devices, Photonics, and Photovoltaics
- Unique system design can be configured for true Ultra High Vacuum performance
- Field tested and proven design
- Giant Magnetoresistance (GMR)
- Combinatorial Materials Science (CMS)
- Nanoscale devices
- Photovoltaics (PV)
- Organic films
- Adaptable chamber, base plate, and substrate options
- 18" D x 15" H SS process chamber
Pumping & Gauging
- 1500 l/s Cryo pump
- Wide range vacuum gauge, atm to 1x10-10 torr
- High precision closed loop pressure control (both upstream and downstream for sputtering applications)
- Rotating substrate platen for up to 150mm (6") substrates
- Substrate heating to 800°C with quartz lamp heater
- Single or multi-wafer load lock with manual or computer controlled sample transfer
- High precision PID temperature control loop (when equipped with substrate heating)
- Pneumatically actuated source and substrate shutters
- Configurable with six or more magnetron deposition sources
- Cross contamination shielding (when applicable)
Quality & Safety
- Computer control with manual or fully automatic operation
- CE mark, UL listing, CSA, NRTL, and other industry recognized testing certifications available
- Extruded aluminum framework with enclosure panels
- Single service drop power distribution module
- UHV configuration
- 24" chamber upgrade
- Multi-process chamber cluster tool configurations
Pumping & Gauging
- Maglev turbo pump
- Dry pumping package
- Residual gas analyzer for in-situ monitoring of process gases or chamber constituents
- Available Linear multi-pocket UHV electron beam evaporation source (multi-technique options available)
- HV or UHV compatible magnetron sputter sources
- Rotating substrate platen for up to 200mm (8") substrates
- Substrate biasing for sample cleaning (typically RF plasma to remove native oxide layers)
- Substrate bias during deposition to influence features of film microstructure (such as crystal orientation), improve film densification, promote film adhesion, and promotes improved film homogeneity of co-sputtered alloy films
- Substrate heating to 1100°C with element style heater
- Substrate cooling (Liquid and/or LN2)
- Sample flip fixture for coating both sides of the substrate
- Film shaping tool (blade mounted to high precision computer controlled arm)
- Indexable magnetic field at substrate
- In-situ film analysis (Optical process monitor, RHEED, or spectroscopic ellipsometer)
Custom Chart Recorder and Datalogging
Remote Support Utility and Apps
Helpful Material Resources
Our Materials Division stocks a vast assortment of high purity materials, evaporation sources, and crucible liners for use in both thermal and E-beam evaporation as well as sputter deposition processes. We offer pure elements, compounds, alloys, ceramics, intermetallics, and mixtures in a variety of shapes, sizes, and purities for both R&D and Production applications. Each sputtering target and evaporation material ships complete with a Certificate of Analysis and SDS. We also provide in-house sputter target bonding and precious metals reclamation services, saving you both time and money.
We manufacture a wide range of target materials designed to meet the demanding needs of both Production customers as well R&D customers needing a custom one off target. We are able to offer various purities, materials, sizes, and compositions. Our experienced in house bonding team is also able to provide high quality bonding services using KJLC or customer supplied backing plates. Many standard sizes and configurations available to ship directly from stock.
KJLC stocks a wide variety of evaporation materials in various sizes, shapes and quantities, available for immediate shipment. The range of materials offered is extensive, including pure metals, precious metals, standard alloys, oxides, nitrides, and fluorides. The materials can be packaged for the small quantity user, as well as, for the large volume production customer.
Our unique offering of precious metal products protects our customers from daily market price fluctuations by locking in the price on the day the order is placed. Inventory management tools allow us to stock a variety of precious metal products in standard target configurations, as well as, pellet, shot, and wire for evaporation. Shipments are packaged per order in the quantities our customers require, allowing them to purchase as much or as little as they need. Because of the high value of these materials we offer a convenient reclaim service for precious metal scrap. Credit is applied quickly to customer accounts which can be used to fund their next purchase. Kurt J. Lesker Company understands that these high cost materials require tight controls and close management. Our goal is to make precious metal purchases as easy as possible for our customers.
As a complement to the extensive offering of evaporation materials, a wide range of thermal evaporation sources are available to our customers. Hundreds of boat sources with differing geometries and capacities make it easy to find a source that is ideally suited to coat numerous materials onto substrates of various configurations. Many materials prove troublesome for evaporation and may require a different style of evaporation source. In addition to boat sources, alternative sources such as filaments, baskets, box heaters, and heaters with crucibles may be the solution to evaporating these more difficult materials. A wide range of products are available to ship from stock with evaporation materials or as replacements.
The Kurt J. Lesker Company continues to expand process capabilities in ceramic manufacturing to meet the evolving requirements for these demanding products. In-house powder synthesis capabilities, utilizing various chemical techniques, give us the ability to manufacture custom stoichiometries for both R&D and production material requirements. Proprietary mixing and sintering methods yield homogeneous, high density products ideally suited for PVD applications. Hot pressing is also utilized to enhance the variety of ceramics that can be offered.
At the Kurt J. Lesker Company quality is our highest priority. Our ISO 9001 certification ensures that product quality is never compromised. All of our products undergo the requisite level of quality control inspection and all materials are shipped with a certificate of analysis and material safety data sheet. We employ numerous analytical techniques at various stages in the process to ensure that the products meet our quality standards and perform in the demanding applications which they are used.
As a leading manufacturer of PVD equipment, we have quite a few technical resources within the organization. We are happy to help troubleshoot or offer advice on process related questions ranging from sputtering powers to crucible selection.
Would You Like More Information?
Do you have any questions? Click below to get in contact with one of our many experienced team members.CONTACT US TODAY