Thin Film Deposition System Platform
NANO 36™ – Affordable, Compact Sputtering or Thermal Evaporation Thin Film Deposition System
Deposition Techniques Offered:
- Low Temperature Evaporation sources
- Thermal Evaporation
- Magnetron Sputtering
- Multiple Techniques
The Kurt J. Lesker Company® NANO 36™ is our optimized, entry level deposition system. Our chamber design is uniquely suited for glovebox integration. With increased capabilities and a smaller footprint, the NANO 36 provides an accessible price point while maintaining the quality you expect from KJLC.
The NANO 36 is compatible with the following deposition techniques:
- Thermal Evaporation (up to four 2" boat assemblies)
- Torus® Magnetron Sputtering sources (up to three 2" or 3" sources)
- 1cc or 10cc LTE Organic deposition sources (up to four)
- Combination of two Thermal and two LTE sources
- Custom configurations are available upon request
KJLC's software allows user friendly recipe creation along with a reliable, uninterruptable processing module that allows process completion, regardless of the state of the computer user interface. For more information on this intuitive, unique, and reliable software package, please see the Software Tab.
Vacuum Pumping & Gauging
Fully enclosed system electronics rack.
*System dimensions and mounting dependent on options selected.
Utilizing industry leading components allows KJLC to produce the highest quality PVD R&D tool on the market. Components and key manufacturing points are:
Process Equipment Options
Low Temperature Evaporation Sources (Up to Four)
Torus® Magnetron Sputtering Source (Up to Three)
For more information on our new Mag Keeper sources please see the following link.
(Up to Three) Power Supplies
The Nano 36 is designed to allow the use of square substrates 100mm x 100mm or smaller and round substrates up to 150mm diameter or smaller. The substrate platen accommodates multiple size substrates using a KJLC multi-site fixture and substrate clips. Custom substrate/mask holders are available upon request.
Standard substrate fixture options include:
The Nano 36 is now easily integrated with a glove box. The process chamber features spring-loaded, pendulum style, full-access, aluminum doors. This new chamber design makes opening and closing the chamber door inside the glovebox a snap while providing quick and easy access to your substrate fixture and deposition sources. We also designed in a chamber back door option for glovebox integrated systems to allow chamber access while maintaining glovebox integrity.
Kurt J Lesker is able to offer a wide array of standard and custom glovebox suites, from a standard 4 port or 6 port arrangement, to custom lengths and depths.
- All stainless steel construction of the glovebox
- Specifically designed to integrate with KJL deposition system
- All stainless steel Swagelok valves, fittings and piping
- Modular design (for easy expansion)
- Lexan front window
- Quick release front window
- Electrical feedthrough with a six (6) outlet power strip
- LED light fixtures
- All stainless steel antechamber; size 15" diameter x 24"L with sliding tray
- Shock assisted door lifting mechanisms
- All stainless steel mini antechamber; size 8" diameter x 15"L
- Stainless steel stand with leveling feet and casters
- Stainless steel vacuum gauges
- Adjustable bin storage unit (adjustable shelving)
- Spare KF40 feedthroughs
- Two (2) HEPA gas flow filters; one (1) inlet, one (1) outlet
- Push button evacuation and refill of antechamber
- All stainless steel 24V DC solenoid valve for refill of antechamber
- Automatic electro-pneumatic valve for evacuation of the antechamber (KF40)
- Common vent line
- Stainless steel filter column for the removal of oxygen and moisture including automatic electro-pneumatic valves (KF40 size)
- Fully automatic system with Siemens PLC control unit and 7" color touch screen with built in operating instructions and system diagnostics. Includes:
- O2, H20 and pressure trending
- Maintenance alarms
- Power saver mode for vacuum pump/lights (optional)
- Automatic regeneration process using 3-5% hydrogen gas mixture
- Capable of removing 36 liters of oxygen from inert gas before needing a regeneration
- Capable of removing 1300 grams of moisture from inert gas before needing a regeneration
- Continuous oxygen monitoring
- Continuous moisture monitoring
- Includes 50 cfm circulation blower
- Built for continuous operation
- Manual solvent removal system including stainless steel filter column, 10lbs of activated carbon, manual bypass and isolation valves, evacuation and refill valves, and refill drain port (optional)
- Automatic solvent removal system including stainless steel filter column with 20lbs of molecular sieve, automatic bypass and isolation valves with automatic reactivation of filter material (optional)
- Automatic purge valve-200 L/min flow rate
Along with the gloveboxes and system adaptor boxes the following accessories can be supplied:
- Spin Coaters
- Hot Plates
- UV Ozone Curing
- Regenerable Solvent Purification System
- Other accessories upon request
The NANO 36 offers a Pfeiffer 260 L/s turbomolecular pump and KJLC RV206 oil sealed rough pump as standard components with an option to select an Edwards nXDS6i - 3.6 cfm (6.2 m3/hr) Scroll roughing pump.
Base pressure specification for the NANO 36 is 9 x 10-7 Torr.
The Nano 36 offers single and multi-technique deposition options (Thermal + LTE only) including thermal evaporation and magnetron sputtering (Torus).
Only KJLC offers Mag-Keeper sputter sources with zero o-rings in the cathode body and a magnetically coupled target to allow for easy target changes. (A game changer when changing a target through a glove box!) Our "patent pending" cooling well design enables operation at power densities ≥ 200 watts/.in2. This cathode is designed to sputter up to a 0.375" thick target on the 3" cathode and up to a 0.250" thick target on the 2" cathode. The high strength design is able to sputter up to a 0.125" thick Fe target with 3" cathodes, or 0.0625" thick Fe target with 2" Mag-Keepers. Without a hold down clamp or dark space shield this cathode is capable of running as low as ≤ 1mTorr. The unique dome shutter design eliminates the need for additional cross contamination shielding required with standard flip or swing shutters.
To learn more about sputtering rates and uniformity, click here.
Custom Chart Recorder and Datalogging
Remote Support Utility and Apps
Downloads & Documents
View information on major components, floor planning and site preparation regarding your product.
Datasheets & Component Lists
Helpful Material Resources
Our Materials Division stocks a vast assortment of high purity materials, evaporation sources, and crucible liners for use in both thermal and E-beam evaporation as well as sputter deposition processes. We offer pure elements, compounds, alloys, ceramics, intermetallics, and mixtures in a variety of shapes, sizes, and purities for both R&D and Production applications. Each sputtering target and evaporation material ships complete with a Certificate of Analysis and SDS. We also provide in-house sputter target bonding and precious metals reclamation services, saving you both time and money.
We manufacture a wide range of target materials designed to meet the demanding needs of both Production customers as well R&D customers needing a custom one off target. We are able to offer various purities, materials, sizes, and compositions. Our experienced in house bonding team is also able to provide high quality bonding services using KJLC or customer supplied backing plates. Many standard sizes and configurations available to ship directly from stock.
KJLC stocks a wide variety of evaporation materials in various sizes, shapes and quantities, available for immediate shipment. The range of materials offered is extensive, including pure metals, precious metals, standard alloys, oxides, nitrides, and fluorides. The materials can be packaged for the small quantity user, as well as, for the large volume production customer.
Our unique offering of precious metal products protects our customers from daily market price fluctuations by locking in the price on the day the order is placed. Inventory management tools allow us to stock a variety of precious metal products in standard target configurations, as well as, pellet, shot, and wire for evaporation. Shipments are packaged per order in the quantities our customers require, allowing them to purchase as much or as little as they need. Because of the high value of these materials we offer a convenient reclaim service for precious metal scrap. Credit is applied quickly to customer accounts which can be used to fund their next purchase. Kurt J. Lesker Company understands that these high cost materials require tight controls and close management. Our goal is to make precious metal purchases as easy as possible for our customers.
As a complement to the extensive offering of evaporation materials, a wide range of thermal evaporation sources are available to our customers. Hundreds of boat sources with differing geometries and capacities make it easy to find a source that is ideally suited to coat numerous materials onto substrates of various configurations. Many materials prove troublesome for evaporation and may require a different style of evaporation source. In addition to boat sources, alternative sources such as filaments, baskets, box heaters, and heaters with crucibles may be the solution to evaporating these more difficult materials. A wide range of products are available to ship from stock with evaporation materials or as replacements.
The Kurt J. Lesker Company continues to expand process capabilities in ceramic manufacturing to meet the evolving requirements for these demanding products. In-house powder synthesis capabilities, utilizing various chemical techniques, give us the ability to manufacture custom stoichiometries for both R&D and production material requirements. Proprietary mixing and sintering methods yield homogeneous, high density products ideally suited for PVD applications. Hot pressing is also utilized to enhance the variety of ceramics that can be offered.
At the Kurt J. Lesker Company quality is our highest priority. Our ISO 9001 certification ensures that product quality is never compromised. All of our products undergo the requisite level of quality control inspection and all materials are shipped with a certificate of analysis and material safety data sheet. We employ numerous analytical techniques at various stages in the process to ensure that the products meet our quality standards and perform in the demanding applications which they are used.
As a leading manufacturer of PVD equipment, we have quite a few technical resources within the organization. We are happy to help troubleshoot or offer advice on process related questions ranging from sputtering powers to crucible selection.
Would You Like More Information?
Do you have any questions? Click below to get in contact with one of our many experienced team members.CONTACT US TODAY