Auto-Soft Flow Actuated Check Valves (For KF Flanged)
Replaces a KF centering ring for easy installation. Used for throttling roughing pumps during their initial evacuation. When the roughing pump is operated, the initial flow causes the vane assembly to close—automatically throttling the pump. The valves open automatically when a set pressure differential is reached.
- 304 stainless steel construction with Elgiloy® spring
- 100°C max temperature
- Reduces turbulence in a system by reducing initial pumping speed*
- Ideal for applications that are sensitive to the disruption of particles within the system (semiconductor, thin film, etc.)
- Also used in conjunction with vent valves when venting a system to avoid extreme pressure differentials and high turbulence
- Helps prevent substrate damage
- Replaces expensive pressure control bypass valves
- Fast-action vane closing-12ms or better during testing**
- Operates without electrical power
*Typical pump down time using the soft start check valve is increased by 3X.
**Test times measured using a 27 CFM pump evacuating a volume of 100 liters. Results will vary based on system configuration.