744i Vertical Batch-Sputtering System
The 744i is a large area, four-target, RF / DC batch-sputtering system, designed for processing high-density interconnect, 200mm semiconductor wafers and flat panel displays.
The 744i will accommodate glass sizes up to Gen 2. The 744i is equipped with a high-vacuum load lock configured with a substrate pre-heat that enables the tool's high throughput. The 744i offers a pallet area of 19 x 19 inches with a compact footprint that uses less than one-third the floor space of competing equipment. The tool can hold four 200mm wafers or multiple smaller wafers and features two processing pallets, allowing an instantaneous change of wafer sizes and the ability to process both the front and backsides of wafers.
The 744i system can also be enhanced with scan velocity profiling. Like the smaller systems the 744i uses the same variety of KDF engineered cathodes, including the Magterial™ for Nickel deposition. The 744i system meets the Semiconductor S2-0706 safety spec as part of the standard system package, a CE option for the European community is available. Pulsed DC sputtering up to 20kw via Advanced Energy Pinnacle Plus is also available. The 744i system has remote PC accessibility allowing for software upgrades & file repair via an Internet Ethernet connection. Full documentation is standard and is available on std. paper, clean room paper or an electronic CD version. For those applications that require an extra level of cleanliness or handling the Robotic option is available.
- Chamber ultimate ≤1 x 10-7 torr.
- Chamber leak rate, 20 minutes to 1 x 10-4 torr.
- High vacuum dome ultimate ≤1 x 10-7 torr.
- High vacuum dome leak rate, 15 minutes to 1 x 10-4 torr.
- Pump down from atmosphere 110 minutes or less to 1 x 10-6 torr or 2 x 10-7 torr overnight.
- 19" x 19" pallet size
|744i PALLET 19" x 19"||2" Wafers||3" Wafers||4" Wafers||5" Wafers||6" Wafers||8" Wafers||300mm|
Series System Hardware Features
- 20kW low stored energy DC power supplies (Advanced Energy). Optional Pinnacle Plus power supplies.
- Integrated throttling SS VAT valve allowing for upstream or down stream pressure control.
- MKS multi component "Smart" 390 and 925 gauges for integrated vacuum measurements.
- Loadlock linear sensor - computer controller positioning system for increased loadlock accuracy and more limited fail-safe.
- Process gas control with up to four gas controllers; feedback controlled capacitance manometer; master/slave gas select ability; and gas ratio control.
- Stepper motor pallet carrier drive with optical encoder providing accurate programmable pallet carrier positioning, scan velocity profiling available.
- Low pressure hydraulics system for safety and smooth operation.
- Automated motor driven load lock door.
- Complies with NFPA79 guidelines.
- Optional 3kW RF solid state power supply (Advanced Energy).
- Consult factory for an extensive list of standard options.
Series Computer Sub-System
- Windows™ 10 based real-time GUI environment, coupled with 24" LCD touchscreen monitor mounted on an umbilicaled mobile HI cart.
- Context sensitive recipe manger running out of Microsoft® SQL database.
- Fully integrated package for real-time data display, data logging fully compatible with Excel™, Lotus™ and other Windows™ applications, report generation, remote interface and printing.
- Optional connectivity to SECS/GEM communication and Windows™ applications through and OPC server interface.
- Distributed Rockwell Control System utilizing Device Net and Ethernet IP field bus technologies.
- Maintenance test suite with full diagnostic and manual process control capability.
- Service friendly fully enclosed electronic cabinet.
Series Basic Facility Requirements
- Power: 208 VAC, 3-phase, 225 Amps
- Water: 8 GPM, 70 PSIG min., 10°C - 24°C
- Compressed Air: 85 - 100 PSIG
- Process Gas: 25 PSIG 99.999%
- Pure Gas: Dry N2